Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: Shadow Moon by Marilee Brothers

Shadow Moon
(Unbidden Magic #4)

Author: Marilee Brothers

Publication Date: November 2011

Publisher: Bell Bridge Books

Genre: Urban Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Allie Emerson is hoping for a few quiet months to catch her breath after a summer that included the discovery she is not only a twin and of faery blood, but also destined to play a pivotal role in faery world. School has barely begun when Allie must kiss her hope of a normal year goodbye. She can't escape her unfinished business with the fae, the Trimarks, or Junior Alvarez, who is making it clear he plans to win her back. Signs, portents and whispers are pushing Allie to "find the girl" before it's too late. Hoping her twin can help her solve the riddle of their destiny, Allie uncovers old secrets and begins a cross-country journey that puts her in more danger than ever before. If she succeeds, she may just find the answers that can save everyone she loves.


My Thoughts: Well, now I have to go cry in the corner because this was my last Unbidden Magic book that is published. This book was just too awesome! I had so much fun reading it. There is just so much that happens in Shadow Moon that I couldn't stop reading it. When I had to stop for a bit, I was thinking about it. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I can't stop talking about how much I love this series. It's really going to be hard waiting for the next book. I need to know what happens!!!

At the end of Moon Spun we are left with a cliffhanger, right from the beginning of Shadow Moon we learn that Allie does indeed have a twin, her name is Anna Starr Emerson. Allie also finds out that the Trimarks and Dark Fae are planning something awful and two girls are needed to stop them, Allie and someone else. She can only assume it's her long lost twin, so she really needs to find her. Will she be able to find her? So far her connection with the FBI has brought up nothing. If she finds her, will Anna Starr even want to help her? It's possible she might not be able to accept what she is. So off Allie goes, searching for her twin. There is lots of action and drama that happens along the way.

For our love intrests, we are basically back down to Junior and Ryker (kind of). Mostly Junior though. Beck is in the "friend zone". Ryker isn't really around much, he does make an apperance and help Allie out a bit, but hey, he just has to bide his time since she has to go back to Boundless in 8 years anyways. So she will kiss the hunky Junior for now. 

I just cannot get over how much I love this series, it's going to be a long wait for the next book. I just can't wait to find out what happens next! I loved the ending of this book, it made me so happy! So I want to find out what happens next. If you still haven't checked out this series, you really should. It really is a great, exciting read! Thank you Marilee for writing such and amazing and awesome series! Seriously, go read this now!


 Thank you to NetGalley for the review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.